Tim Jenkins of Tacky Fly Fishing introduces Fulling Mill’s latest offering from across the pond.
The Tacky Fly Box will be available from your local Fulling Mill Dealer.
What does Fulling Mill say about the Tacky box?
The Tacky Fly box is a tough and sleek polycarbonate box with a clear top, a magnet closure system and a patent pending silicone rubber insert. It is the insert which is attracting all the interest in that, unlike many of the boxes currently on the market, it has little memory and therefore holds flies securely over a much longer time frame. Exclusive to Fulling Mill.
Fortunately for me, I’ve had one of these Tacky boxes for a few weeks already and have slowly started to fill it over the Christmas period – as much of the time, our rivers here in South Wales were flooded and high winds made it difficult to get out on any lake.
What I thought:
- More than enough capacity for a days worth of flies
- Loads of room between each fly to ‘grab’ ’em
- Love the offset positioning of the rows (tails don’t become crushed)
- The poly-carbonate lid is strong and durable – Will protect against drops
- Strong magnetic fasteners
- LOVE the silicon insert – Great Design
The above features make this fly box unique, the silicon insert retains next to no memory unlike foam, keeping your flies tight and secure for longer.