When river fishing, there’s nothing worse than not being in the mood. Fishing a river can be challenging when you’re on the ball, let alone when you’re off it, so keeping everything in check and your fishing tackle in order could save your sanity when your struggling to keep things together.
Here are 6 tips to keep yourself in the game, even on those off days.
- Make sure your kit is prepared the night before you go, there’s nothing worse than leaving a piece of tackle at home
- Prepare your flies – Never be caught short without your favourite patterns.
- Keep your fly vest organised
- Ensure you have all the parts to your rod… (Yeah – I’ve done it!)
- Clean your fly lines after each trip or so, that means they’ll perform just as well on your next trip.
- Dry your waders after every trip, nobody likes wearing damp, smelly waders.